Sunday, March 29, 2015

Fields Yanking, Doors Closing

A letter dated 3/16/15:

Hello Family,

Sorry it's been so long since I've made a hand written letter. I haven't really had the time to sit down and write. But I have some time today.

How are you all doing? How is baseball going? Man, I can't tell you how bad I miss baseball! The weather has been nice here and it's making me go insane! It feels like baseball weather! There is a yanking feeling that's trying to put me on a baseball field! I wanna play so bad!! 

Oh, speaking of baseball, before I forget again... Can you send me my glove and a ball...? Having my glove and having a ball might help me a little! Plus, there are some P-days in the summer that some zones play baseball! ...

So, you're probably wondering how the work is going. The work is going well. So, but well. The work continues no matter the state of the area. And the state of our area is...well, not progressing very fast. The...ward is a great ward but the missionary work is slow. But that doesn't mean a whole lot. I know the area has potential, it's just the aspect of getting it there. Before I leave the area, my goal is to leave it better than I found it! Which you wouldn't think would be that hard considering there is one investigator in our teaching pool and she isn't exactly helping us out! We have been here for four weeks and we haven't met her! We've stopped by multiple times and the most we've gotten is her husband, who is really against us teaching her. He opened the door and we said who we were and asked if a _______  ________ lived there. He said, "I don't know," and then he smirked at us weirdly and closed the door in our faces. My response was, "She totally lives there! Who says, 'I don't know?!' Everyone either says 'no,' or 'yes.'" So that was really weird but whatever, we'll keep trying!

...

Other than that we've just been trying to meet with members. We had the most lessons we've taught here last week. We had 6! Yeah, it seems pretty pathetic, but that tells you how slow it is here. All we pretty much do is find, or in other words, tract, or contact people in our area, book, or street contact. I honestly gets really, REALLY boring when that's all you do! But it keeps us busy and working! I know the Lord will bless us if we keep working hard. It just might take a while. But God blesses us on His timing, not our timing.

Anyway, hope all is well at home! Love and miss you all!

Elder Takis



No comments:

Post a Comment