Email on 12/21/15:
First there was the photo below with, "We'll see how much you really know one of your favorite musical groups!! ;) Know the guy standing next to me?!"
Of course I knew who it was: Paul Anderson from The Piano Guys, some of my most, most, most favorite, favorite, favorite musicians. When I emailed back who it was, Elder Takis replied, "Haha well you know him pretty well. He came to our mission and spoke at our Christmas devotional! He's a pretty cool guy! And his wife is pretty awesome too!" And when I asked him if he told Paul that I had been a PianoGuys fan since BEFORE they became famous, he replied, "Haha yeah I told him that you were their biggest fan!"
Then he sent this: "This is from a baptism we had this last Saturday.... I've been teaching her since I got here in Arvada. But I came in right in the middle of her being taught. Her name is Sofia, and she's 9! Her mother is a returning less-active!"
"We made a gingerbread house. :) I worked super hard on making it a double decker!! I had to do a lot of gluing and stuffing to get it to stay there! haha" [I especially love the little gingerbread missionaries!]
Then the rest of the email:
Our ward Christmas party was pretty fun! The ward has a band! haha It's made up of several of the members, one of them being in the bishopric, and then a few other people. They had drums, an electric guitar, a bass guitar, a keyboard, and they sang! It was pretty awesome!! They did several kids' Christmas songs and they were pretty dang good! So that was pretty fun!
We also got permission to go to a play that some of our investigators, the Pipers, were in. It was "A Christmas Carol." They did it in their church. So that was pretty cool...This family that invited us are...the nicest most loving family ever!! ...I love them so much! And they are EXCELLENT actors!!! I want to go see the play again it was sooooo good!
Hope you have an excellent Christmas!! I love and miss you all!!
Talk to you in 4 days! :)
Elder Takis



No comments:
Post a Comment