Thursday, October 9, 2014

Listen to the Spirit

Hey Family!


Well another week has gone by! I've been out 48 days, almost 7 weeks!! It so doesn't feel like it!! It's going by so quick!


This last week we had a miracle!! And it is a really long story! I'll have to tell a condensed version. When I get home I'll tell the whole story of course! So it happened this last Friday, so the 3rd. We had planned to visit a single sister, at some apartments. She wasn't home...so our backup plan was to visit another single sister. We thought she lived in the same apartment complex...well we were wrong. She actually lived  really far away! We are only allowed a certain amount of miles per month, in our case we only get 800. That day we had already racked our miles to 20ish. On average we should use about 24-26 miles a day. She lived a good 5 miles away, but then you gotta add 5 for the way back! So we would have been pushing a little over 30 miles for the day. Well to backup we were supposed to be helping our ward mission leader move some furniture in his house, but he wasn't home so that's why we ended up going to the one single sister. Anyway we were trying to decide whether we should just drive back to our ward mission leader's house and see if he was home since he wasn't to far away, or go to the other single sister. We were debating it for a bit and then the thought came to me to pray about it. So we prayed! Elder Stuckey still kinda felt we should just go to our ward mission leader's house, but I wasn't sure what to do. Because here's the thing...logically it made sense to go back to our ward mission leader's house...it made no sense to go to the single sister's home. Plus what if she wasn't even home!? Then we would have just wasted those miles for no good reason. And the other reason was we didn't have another man. We aren't allowed to visit single sisters without another man. So we weren't sure what to do...Elder Stuckey asked me what I was feeling. I told him I wasn't sure...so we sat there for a few more minutes in silence. He then again asked me what I was feeling, and I said that I had this weird feeling in the pit of my stomach. He instantly said, "We are going! I'll be honest, I felt the same thing!" So we headed to the sister's apartment. Since we don't have a GPS, we had to use the map and that was interesting! We figured it out of course, but we had to stop several times to figure out where we were! On the drive there we almost got in like 2 wrecks! There was a 4-way stop that neither of us saw until we saw the cars stopped at the intersection, and by then we were blowing through the stop swerving away from the cars! Totally saved by angles right there!!!! We finally made it and checked on the address for her building number and room number. The address was missing both of them, so we called her home teacher and asked him. We found the building and started up the first flight of stairs. We realized as we walked up the stairs that this is where some members lived that we had had dinner with several weeks ago! So we found their room and asked Brother Pearson if he could accompany us since we didn't have another man. He agreed and we went to the other side of the building since we weren't actually on the right side. We found her room and she was home! She let us in and we asked her if she needed anything...she said that she didn't. We told her that we had been prompted to visit her. She thought that was interesting...and said that she was fine. We chatted for a little while longer, me and Elder Stuckey played with her 6 year old to keep him occupied! We finally left and Brother Pearson went back to his room and we went to the car. We had just pulled out when we got a phone call...it was the single sister, Sister Lema! I tried to answer but then the phone cut off. Elder Stuckey parked the car right in the middle of the parking lot and we waited. I called her back several times but it went straight to her voice mail. Finally she answered...she started to cry and said, "Can you give me a blessing?" We instantly replied and said "YES!" We called Brother Pearson back and told him the situation, and asked if he could help us again. He said he would. We hurried back to her apartment and went inside. She told us that she had thought about asking us for one when we were there before, but she decided not to. But when we had left she had a really really strong impression to ask us for one. Elder Stuckey gave her the blessing and it was one of the coolest blessing I've ever heard! I totally knew that he was being directed by the spirit!! It was one of the coolest experiences I've had on my mission! It's an experience I'll never forget! If we had not obeyed the Spirit...who knows! But because we did obey, we were able to be instruments in the Lord's hands!!


I'm sorry I can't reply to your email this week! I'm about out of time! And I still have a couple emails to send! Thank you for the package it did arrive! It arrived Tuesday last week! I'll have to reply to all of your letters soon! I haven't had time! I love you all and miss you!! Remember to be obedient and the Lord WILL bless you! Listen to the Spirit and He will guide you and get you to where you need to be!


Elder Takis

No comments:

Post a Comment