Monday, December 8, 2014

Christmas Gloria Haka

Here are some excerpts from Elder Takis's latest email.

Responding to hearing of the very non-Christmasy weather at home, "Haha I know, it's been pretty similar here. We have days where it's like 30 but then days where it jumps up to 78! Colorado weather is just plain weird! And we don't have any snow at the moment."

"...our tree is pretty tiny, but I don't even care!! I have a tree and thats all that matters to me!! :)
 
"Well, news from me!  It was pretty cool; we met this family last week and they were super excited to see us! They were being taught by the sisters previously but since they got the boot from our ward, they hadn't been by in a while! So we stopped by and they wanted to set up an appointment and everything! The husband was more excited to see us than the wife, but she was still excited to see us. Anyway the appointment didn't end up working out because he was super busy that day. He was jumping around hospitals because he blew out his knee pretty much. He tore his ACL, his MCL, and both sides of his miniscus!!! Its nuts! But anyway yesterday while we were at church in the middle of second hour, he texted us and asked what time church was!! We told him 9-12 and he said, "on my way!" and showed up in time for elders quorum! We talked to him and he was like, "I was going to run some errands but then the thought came to me to go to church, and it seemed like the place to be! So I called my wife and told her I was going to church!" After elders quorum he made the comment, "man, it seems like everytime I come to your church the lessons are written just for me!!" It was awesome!!!! #thelightofchristwithinus
  
"We also had the super AWESOME experience of having dinner with a Broncos player!!!! :D He's actually on the practice team, but who even cares!? He gets paid a TON still!! Plus he's been on the active rosters of the Jaguars, the Vikings, and the Giants!! So we had dinner with a pro football player!!!! I felt like a boss!! He's even a member! He went on a mission to Spain, and he's completely active! He's been coming to our ward for the past couple weeks! It's pretty awesome!!
 
"We went to the ward Christmas party and everyone wanted us to participate in the talent show. So we did! The Zone Leaders, Elder Hawton and Elder Conner,  helped us out. Since my companion is Tongan and we were having a Luau for the theme of the party, everyone really wanted us to do the Haka! Well I don't know it so we decided to just sing. And we told everyone that's what we were going to do, we'd sing "Angels we Have Heard on High." Well Elder Hawton knew the Haka and he wanted to do it. So last minute we decided to give everyone a treat and do it! Me and Elder Conner Started to sing the first verse of "Angels we Have Heard on High," and right in the middle of the "GLOOOORIA" part Elder Sekona and Elder Hawton came from behind the curtains and started to do the Haka! Haha, it was pretty sweet I'm not even going to lie!! Elder Sekona and Elder Hawton were the spectacle of the night!!! They even had little kids attempting the Haka! haha"
 

No comments:

Post a Comment