12/29/14
Hey Fam!
...it was great to talk to you guys too!! It was super hard for me to hang up!
I had to force myself! ...that time went SUPER fast!! It was kinda lame! But hey, at least
we got to Skype! :) The one bad thing about Skype was that I got SUPER trunky!
But I'm ok now! I just remember that night I didn't feel like a missionary, especially after watching 2 movies and then Skyping you guys!
Not much happened this week. It was pretty slow, even with Christmas! Not a lot of people were home. But that's alright, it's a new week and everyone is getting back from their trips.
1/5/15
...things are starting to go back to normal. Missionary work is a lot easier when there are no holidays! I like what you wrote about the gospel being the key to changing the world!
I want you to read something; it's in Preach My Gospel. It talks about exactly what you brought up! Everything in this gospel is true!! There is no doubt in my mind!!
"You are surrounded by people. You pass them on the street, visit them in their homes, and travel among them. All of them are children of God, your brothers and sisters. God loves them just as He loves you. Many of these people are searching for purpose in life. They are concerned for their families. They need the sense of belonging that comes from the knowledge that they are children of God, members of His eternal family. They want to feel secure in a world of changing values. They want “peace in this world, and eternal life in the world to come” (D&C 59:23), but they are “kept from the truth because they know not where to find it” (D&C 123:12)."The gospel of Jesus Christ as restored through the Prophet Joseph Smith will bless their families, meet their spiritual needs, and help them fulfill their deepest desires. Although they may not know why, they need relief from feelings of guilt that come from mistakes and sins. They need to experience the joy of redemption by receiving forgiveness of their sins and enjoying the gift of the Holy Ghost."
We had a mission conference. The whole mission was there and it was to kick off 2015. It was to get us pumped up to the mission-wide goal of 1001 baptisms! This last year I heard we had 350 or something like that! So it's going to be a huge jump! But pretty much every companionship in the mission has to baptize one person each transfer! So not super hard!
Hope all is well! LOVE and MISS you all!!
Elder Takis
No comments:
Post a Comment