Sunday, October 11, 2015

Transfers, Training, and Trapper Days

Excerpts from emails on 9/14/15:

Yeah, today is transfers. I forgot to mention that in the reply email. I'm still in Brighton, with Elder Lee, which I'm pretty happy about! But, yeah, it affected us a little. We had a lot of things to take care of. We have to make sure everyone gets to their areas and other things. That's why it took so long to email today. The crazy thing is that here in the Brighton Zone, we are getting FIVE new missionaries!!!!!!! Every companionship is training except for Elder Lee and I, and also the Sister Training Leaders! So, yeah, things are going to be pretty crazy around here!

So we had a pretty cool experience this last week! We were able to go to the Fort Lupton Trapper Days! They close off a street and have a bunch of booths and a parade and other things. It was really cool because we were able to have a booth in it!! The Fort Lupton Elders were approached a couple weeks ago and were asked if they could have a booth. And the cool thing is the mission has a traveling booth for special events like this on family history work. So we were able to get it and have a family history booth on the street for the day! We were able to get some referrals and hand out some brochures and things. It was really cool! :) 

Elder Lee and I were pretty hungry [at Trapper Days] so we went to this Deli that was on the street, it's called the "House of Smoke." Oh maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!!!!! Best Deli I've ever eaten at!! It's pretty old, but it has the best meat i've ever tasted! And some REALLY exotic meats!! Elder Lee and I got 2 different sandwiches and split them so we could try the two different meats! The meats were Wild Boar ham, and Elk pastrami!! SOOOOOOO GOOD!!! And they had SOOOO many other meats to choose from! They had Rattlesnake, Pheasant, Buffalo, Rabbit, Beef, Pork, Turkey, and a bunch more!! I can't remember them all. But man, I gotta take you there it's sooo good!! 

Anyway Priscilla and her family were able to come to church yesterday so that was really good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment