Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Cleanest Car

From email on 7/27/15

This week was kind of slow, but we were able to make contact with R and M finally. They hadn't been answering our phone calls or the door. But we finally saw them! They were going to come to church, and we even had a ride from a member set up for them, but they ended up not coming, It's all good though, we're staying positive! 

It's unfortunate that this transfer is a week from being over! The transfer ends this next Monday! Transfers are sooooo short!! 6 weeks is nothing!! And here in about 20 days I'll be out a year! One year to go!  But yeah Elder Ard is probably getting transferred, which is a real bummer...I love him!! He's been in the area for 4 transfers and President only wants people in an area for a max of 4 transfers. But it's all good, we'll see who I end up getting for my new companion. 

Not much else is going on. But I love being a missionary and seeing the things that I need to work on! Which is a lot of things!! I'm working a lot on Self-Mastery and staying focused. 'Cause we all know how good I am at that. :P But yeah it's been awesome!! The Lord has been good to me and helps me see my faults and weaknesses and helps me overcome them. I hope to come back from my mission at least a little changed! 


Anyway I love and miss you all!!!


Elder Takis


Oh I just remembered that we had Zone Conference this last week! It was really good!! There was a lot of things that I learned!! Every Zone Conference we have to get our cars washed and cleaned out because they check them and judge the cleanliness of them. The car that is the cleanest gets the "cleanest car" award! And the zone (there are three different zones that go to Zone Conference) with the cleanest cars gets the Clean Zone award. The "cleanest car" award has 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places. 1st place wins a $20 gift card to Chick-Fil-A, 2nd place gets a $15 gift card to Subway, and 3rd place gets a $10 gift card to Subway! Elder Ard and I worked our tails off to win the $20 to Chick-Fil-A and our work paid off! We got first place!!! And our zone got the cleanest zone award!! haha it was pretty awesome!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment