Sunday, August 23, 2015

English Lessons and Chinese Food

From 8/17/15:

"We had a good week this last week! But we were supper bummed that once again none of our investigators came to church like they said they would. We were going to have like 10 investigators to church...but they didn't come. Its okay, though, we'll keep trying to get them there! 

"I forgot to mention last week something that you would be interested in. We've had a pretty special opportunity to attempt to teach English to a lady who speaks Chinese. She speaks a lot of English, but it's hard to understand her sometimes. And that's what she wants to be better at is pronunciation! Am I qualified to teach English?...not even a little bit! Is Elder Lee?...probably more then I am! But we are doing our best! The cool thing is we meet her at this Asian buffet where she works and we get free food every time we go! And we go 3 times a week! She asked for that many days. She probably would have us come every day but we can't go every day."

No comments:

Post a Comment