Wednesday, March 30, 2016

A Better Week

3/21/16 Email:


Yes we had a much better week, I'll explain more in a minute. I was pretty upset; I've never been that upset at missionary work, but when you do this all day everyday and you get door, after door, after door slammed in your face, and they give you some pretty lame excuses on why they can't meet with you, you start to get a little frustrated! Yeah we were both just a little miffed.

...

So this week was much much better. Sometimes I think Father in Heaven has a sense of humor, because there is always a storm before the sun comes back out! We set a goal to find 7 new investigators. I've never done that in my entire mission, and we came out of the week with 5!! It wasn't 7 but, 5 is still a LOT!!! We were pretty happy and felt the Lord's hand in our work. Blessings come to those who put their trust in the Lord. The Lord tested us, and then he blessed us. :)

We have a pretty well set week this week. We have 19 set appointments, I haven't had that in a long time! We are hoping that it pans out! I will say Arapahoe is a lot different than Arvada, or anywhere else I've served. I really wanna go back to Arvada, but this is where the Lord needs me right now. Elder Millburn makes it worth being here! And so does the Lord.

Oh to answer your question about where Arapahoe is, it's in Aurora.

Hope all is well! I miss you all and love you all!


Elder Takis



This is at Zone conference. This is my zone--it's the smallest in the mission and there are no sisters!
(L-R) Back row: Elder Headworth, Elder Melchin, Elder McNeil
Middle row: Elder Baxter, Elder Wholrab, Elder Brammer, Me, Elder Franklin, Elder LaPerle, Elder Stradling, Elder Millburn, Elder Haws
Front row: Elder Graff, Elder Nava, President Mendenhall, Sister Mendenhall, Sister Nelson, Elder Nelson (Sr. Couple)







No comments:

Post a Comment