Well, the miracles this week...dang there was an awesome one that blew me and Elder Sekona away yesterday!! Dean just like changed on a dime!! It was the weirdest thing!! We had a lesson with him yesterday and we were teaching about obedience. The lesson went really really well. One of the best, if not THE best lesson we've had with him... But we brought up baptism to him again, (since he's been on date like 3 times and has never kept to it) so we could put him on date again. He then asked, "Yeah, when am I getting baptized?" Elder Sekona and I were like, "That's a good question, Dean, we don't know! When are you getting baptized?" He then told us that he wanted to get baptized before the 8th of March because he is pretty sure that he's going back to live with his mom on the 8th. I then was impressed to ask him if he felt like he should be baptized on the 5th, so this Saturday! He was a little hesitant at first but then said he would! I then decided that I should talk to Elder Sekona outside the room, to see his thoughts on the whole thing. We talked and decided that we could make it work for this Saturday, but that we needed to go over the baptism interview questions with him, to see if he felt ready... He told us that he knows that everything will work out and that he'll get baptized this weekend because God wants him to! I've never been more proud of him!!
And we're also having the baptism for Justine as well on Saturday! So we'll hopefully be having 2! :) Justine has been gone all weekend because she went with her friend, Meredith (who is her fellowshipper) to Utah, and they went to Temple Square, went to the Provo City Temple open house, went to the Family History Center, and everything else! And from what I heard she loved it! :)
Man, things in the Arvada 1st Ward are just BLOWING UP!!! Members are coming out of the woodwork with people they want us to teach. It's just amazing!!! :D
Unfortunately...UGH, I'm getting transferred!!! It was a complete blessing to be here as long as I have and with Elder Sekona for as long as I have!!! I'm bummed I'm leaving because things are going so well! But that seems to be the typical thing for me; the area starts to boom and then I leave! :P haha oh well, I guess that is my job as a missionary, to get areas booming then go to another and get it booming! I'm very Grateful to my Father In Heaven for Him letting me stay as long as I have! :) Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut...on a good note, I'm going to be companions with ELDER MILLBURN!!!!!!!! YEEHA!!!!! We've been dying to be companions our whole missions!!! AND NOW TA DA!!!!! I'm pretty excited!!!
Hope all is well! Miss and love you all!!
Elder Takis
No comments:
Post a Comment