Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Chili Malt O' Meal

9/15/14

Well things are going good here! It's crazy that I've been in the field for 2 weeks! Time is definitely flying by.  I've almost hit the first month mark! Anyway, Elder Stuckey and I have taught a lot of members.  We don't really have any investigators, no one really wants to hear our message! We have 3 Investigators, I haven't met any of them! 2 of them are out of town and will be for a while still, the other one her name is (A), she's 16 I think. We've set appointments with her like 2-3 times and she's ditched us every time. We decided to drop her, and move her to the former investigators list. We decided we'd wait till she decided she wants to listen to us. It's weird though, she says she wants to be baptized, but the thing is we can't just baptize her, she needs to know WHY she needs to be baptized! Plus she has some things that she needs to stop doing before she can be baptized too. But yeah we just hope one of these days that she'll want to take the discussions. We keep praying for her! We are teaching this 13-year-old boy, his name is (B). He is less-active (here in the mission field we don't say "inactive"). But anyway we teach him 2 times a week. He has ADD so we have a tough time keeping him focused! But he's a funny kid, and we love teaching him!

The ward is awesome here! I love it!! Everyone is just super nice, and fun!! Me and Elder Stuckey went to this member's home for dinner, and it was funny! We sat down to eat and we saw this little pot sitting right in the middle of the table. Like it was tiny! Anyway Sister Choate said, "I hope you like it, it's a new recipe I made up!" Me and Elder Stuckey were like, "Sweet!" She pulled the lid up and scooped up this brown goop and put it on each of our plates...I got some on my fork and about had it in my mouth and Sister Choate said, "You don't have to eat that!" and she and Brother Choate busted up laughing. Me and Elder Stuckey were like WHAT?! Sister Choate then said, "You don't want to eat that, I just grabbed the weirdest things in the kitchen and threw it in the pot! It's Malt O' Meal, Chili Powder, Olive Oil, Pickles, and Jalapeno String Cheese! We have pizza!" She then pulled the pizza out of the oven! Haha, I have to admit it was pretty funny! Me and Elder Stuckey decided we were going to accept the challenge of tasting it just for fun! Ummmm, yeah, it was gross!! The Malt O' Meal really made it nasty! Elder Stuckey gagged like 3 times!!  So yeah that was quite the adventure! We told them that from then on, they had to serve it to every companionship that they had over for dinner and that before the missionaries know there is something else to eat, they will let the missionaries take one bite before pulling out whatever the real meal is! haha

Oh btw, I bought a bike! I love it, it's just to bad that I've only been able to ride it like once! Elder Stuckey's bike keeps needing to get fixed so we've been walking pretty much everywhere.... 

Well love you guys and miss you! Hope to get letters soon!!


Elder Takis

No comments:

Post a Comment