To his brother: "...Things are different without you around. Haha, I miss getting beat up! I think we might be evenly matched when I get back, though. I've been working out a lot and I'm going to be for 2 years straight. So look out!...
"Yeah, I'm having a blast here! It's a lot of fun. It is hard, though. This isn't an easy thing. But it's so worth it!..."
To the parents: "Thanks for the memes. They are pretty funny! The last one with Boromir is my favorite."
I told him that one of his baseball teammates had told his mom that the missionary experience is a lot like baseball: lots of failure but the success is extra awesome. Elder Takis wrote: "Yeah, Jack is loving it there. (At the MTC) I forgot to tell you guys I saw Jack like every day. We had classes in the same building so I saw him whenever we took a break. I have a picture of me and him, but it won't let me send it. Yeah, I totally understand his analogy. It's the total truth!"
I told him about an experience I had on a particular day reading the scriptures. Elder Takis wrote: "That's awesome that you had that experience! I have that about every day! The power is all in God! God controls everything! The thing to always remember is to have faith. You can teach anyone, anything, anywhere if you have faith! Keep reading your scriptures! Don't ever go a day without them! I regret not reading mine every day before my mission. I wish I would have."
And finally, "Oh, before I forget--I got to give my first (priesthood) blessing 2 days ago! ... It was super cool. I will say I was super nervous, but the crazy thing is you just know what to say! The Lord just tells you what to say. I gave it to one of the sister missionaries in our ward. Elder Stuckey and I share the ward with the sisters...."

No comments:
Post a Comment