Tuesday, September 23, 2014

The Book of Mormon is True

9/22/14

Hey Fam,

I've been able to ride my bike a lot more lately! I think we finally got Elder Stuckey's bike fixed (knock on wood!) So i'm starting to get my money's worth...just starting! haha 

...

So things are still going well here. It's crazy!! I hit a month 2 days ago! So I'm 1/24 of the way done! I'm loving it here! And I'm so glad I'm out on a mission! I've learned a lot in a month! But I still have a lot to learn!!   

I had one of the coolest experiences this last week!! So I was in the middle of personal study, and I came across the scripture Moroni 10:4-5. As I read it the thought came to me, "You have never asked to know if the Book of Mormon is true!" Well I never had, cause I just knew it to be true. I just have had experiences that testified that it was true. But then the thought came to me, "How can you tell people to read and pray about it if you haven't? That's pretty hypocritical!" So I decided that I'd better ask! So I went in my bedroom and got down on my knees...I then prayed and asked Heavenly Father if it was true....The thought came to my mind, "You already know its true!" Well I wanted a real witness, so I said "Father I need to know...I need a witness right now!" About 5 seconds later this feeling that I can't even describe came over me! It was an amazing feeling!! And it literally took my breath away!!! And then I knew! I knew that the Book of Mormon was true!!!  I'll never forget that! I testify of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon! It IS the word of God! If you haven't yet got down on your knees and asked your Heavenly Father if the Book of Mormon is true, I plead with you to do so! It will be an experience you will never forget! And you WILL know of it truthfulness!

We had a training meeting on Saturday and all the new missionaries and their trainers were invited to come. The mission president and his wife were there and it was awesome! All my bro's from my room were there except Elder Lawrence...I heard he went home...it made me really sad! But I did get to see Elders Hulka, Millburn (I LOVE HIM!!! We plan to hang out when we get back from our missions, he lives in Brigham City!), Pointer, and Cano! It was so great to see them all again!! Made my whole day!!

Oh so I figured out the pictures, I can send them now, I just had to turn down the resolution. So i'll send you a couple pics.

Love you all and miss you!!

Elder Takis


(Then a little later...) 

So answers to your questions, sorry that I haven't answered them! 

Elder Stuckey is from Little Rock, Arkansas. I use the (M's) computer, they are the family that we live with. We technically aren't supposed to use the members' computers, we are supposed to go to a library but...we don't have one in our boundaries. So we have special permission! I work out in the basement where we live! I do 150 push-ups, 150 sit-ups, 60 cherry-pickers, and I use Elder Stuckey's resistance band for 60 bicep-curls, 30 of I'm not really sure, but I think it works out my forearms? and 30 shoulder something or other! haha so yeah!

That's cool that you got the elders coming over! I wondered if you guys would get to sometime!

Oh this past week we got to go to the Denver Temple. We get to go once a month! So I'll get to go 24 times! :) Which makes me happy! The Denver Temple is older, but it's still really pretty! But yeah I was really glad we got to go! I needed it!  

Elders Takis and Stuckey attempting to teach 13yo B who has ADD and
lost focus and "stole" Elder Takis's camera for some fun.

Elder Takis with Elder Klafke on exchanges.
Takis writes, "Love this elder!  He's hilarious!!"

"These are my boys!"
MTC buddies reunited at a training meeting in Denver.  Cano is standing in back,
then L-R Elders Hulka, Takis, Millburn, and Pointer






No comments:

Post a Comment