Hello Family,
Sorry about the rushed email. We were super busy that day, and we had an appointment at 11:30 so we didn't get the full 2 hours to email. But at least we got to email!
I'm loving working in 2 wards! It's awesome, it's keeping us nice and busy and I love it! The new ward we are working in has lots for us to do. And I love my new companion. He's so much fun! We get along awesome and we both teach and work together really well. I'll get a picture of us soon and send it to you. I can't seem to find my other memory card for my camera and the one I'm currently using is just about full so I need to send it to you to wipe.
So in my email I forgot to tell you about the fun service project we did for this lady in my ward. And I don't know how I forgot about it because it was so crazy! We helped clean out her cockroach-filled house! How awesome is that?! We cleaned out her kitchen which was infested with roaches! Like, you moved one thing and at least 1 was either hiding behind a food item or an appliance! Haha, it gave me the willies but we did it! We showed up at first and started to clean, but some of the stuff we were cleaning was pretty dirty so we decided it would be best to make a store run and grab some rubber gloves. That gave us less of the willies! But it was good. It was fun but gross at the same time! It just felt good to help her out.
Well I'm finally pretty much over my sickness. The only problem is that when you're living with someone for 24/7, it's real easy for that person to get sick...annnnd my companion is now sick. Yay! NOT!!! So hopefully he gets better soon, and we can get rid of this stupid illness!
Oh, hey, I wanted to ask if you could send me a bunch of baseballisms. I want to make planner covers out of them. Please and thank you. :)
I've gained a testimony of paying fast offerings! The last 2 months I've come down to the decision of whether I pay fast offerings or use the little money I've got left to buy food. Both times I've decided to pay fast offerings and just have faith that the Lord will provide. Both times, the Lord provided. I've had members offer to give us food and all sorts of things! It's incredible what the Lord does for you as you are obedient and put your faith in Him!
I came to the realization of something a week or two ago. I was doing my studies, and I was particularly studying The Restoration. The first principle that it talks about, and that we teach, is that God is our loving Heavenly Father. I thought about that, that it is the first principle, as I read through the other principles. In every principle it at least mentions that _______ happened because God loves us. For instance, prophets came and went during Biblical times because of the state of the people. If they were wicked and they didn't want someone telling them to repent and change, God would remove the prophet and priesthood authority and the gospel would disappear for a time. But because God loves us so much, he brought back the prophets and the priesthood multiple times, then the gospel of Jesus Christ could be preached again, but that would only happen if the people humbled themselves and repented. And sometimes it took Heavenly Father to humble them. But because He loves His children He calls prophets so that we can know how to follow Jesus Christ and become better. That was just one example, but every principle of the gospel goes back to how much our Father in Heaven loves us!
Well, I hope you are all doing well, and enjoying life! I know I am! Take advantage of the free moments you have, and those my be few and far between, but take time to include the gospel in your life. Share it with others! there is nothing greater than sharing the gospel! That is how you create lasting relationships! :) And it's a great way to build your testimony of the gospel!
I love and miss you all!
Love, Elder Takis
No comments:
Post a Comment