Sunday, June 7, 2015

Sick on Sick While Drugs Ripping Colorado Apart

Email 5/26/15

Hey Family,

I'm doing well!! I'm just getting over an illness that took me out for 3 days!! :P I woke up on Thursday morning last week not feeling very good...I get acid reflux every now and again, and I was experiencing it very intensely that morning! We get up extra early some mornings and play football all together as elders in the zone, and that happened to be one of the mornings so i decided it wasn't a very good idea to go! I went back o sleep and the alarm went off for 6:30 and I was like, "uhhhhhhhhhhhh....probably not, I feel terrible!!" I told my companion that I felt like crap and that I needed some extra sleep. He got up and showered and I went back to sleep. I woke up and I felt like I was going to throw up, but I didn't, and then I went back to sleep. This happened several times and then...it hit me and I threw up! Pretty violently at that, too!! It came out my nose and everything! :P OH MAN DID THAT BURN!!! I felt better and then I took a shower, and then I started to feel like I was going to throw up again, but I didn't, I just slept the rest of the day and then I ended up with a fever and I felt like I got hit by a semi truck, my body HURT!!!! I couldn't move and my back and head were the worst!!! We had some appointments that day so we did several quick exchanges and got them taken care of. I got a blessing, too. These last couple days I've been recovering. Saturday I was well enough to move so I went out and worked, although I had like zero energy, but I was sick of sitting inside so I didn't care! And now I'm recovering from a cold...weird the cold hit me on Sunday, and I've been sneezing like nobody's business, and coughing like crazy! haha but I'm doing better! I'm well enough now that I can start to work out again!! 

A lot has been going on, We've gotten 2 new investigators in the past 2 weeks and they both seem pretty solid. One of them is, well...he's had a really rough life, mostly due to choices he's made, but he has a really strong testimony in God and Jesus. He has a lot of obscure beliefs about God, but he also knows truth! All of his beliefs have come from what he's heard, nothing that he believes comes from studying anything. but that's ok, He's a good kid. :) He's 19 and like I said, he's got a messed up life! Don't ever do drugs, THEY SCREW YOU UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Colorado, is full of them, and it's ripping colorado apart! He's almost killed himself multiple times, he has no friends, and he lives by himself. All he has is his girlfriend and from what he's told me she doesn't seem to really help him at all. When we met with him for the first time, for some reason, I just felt like real love for him, I've never felt like that kind of love for a lot of people I've taught. Now that doesn't mean that I don't love everyone that I teach, haha, I just felt something different...

Sorry I don't have very much time today, We have a lot to do and we have an appointment in 30 minutes!! 

My ulcer is gone now, so I don't have to worry about that!! WOOHOO!!!

I'm really sorry about the state tourney...that breaks my heart...there's always next year tho!! Ptolian needs to step up and be a leader next year, he needs to get the dugout going, he needs to be the teammate that everyone wants, he really needs to step up, all his buddies respect him so all he has to do is start making things happen!

We had zone P-Day again and it was fun! We played toilet paper dodgeball, volleyball, basketball, and we carved watermelons!! Oh man carving watermelons was so much fun!!! I'm starting the tradition in our family when I get home!! And in my future family!!! It was awesome!!!!

Anyway I love and miss you all and hope everything goes well this week!!!

Love Elder Takis 

No comments:

Post a Comment