Email 10/19/15:
Oh man, oh man, oh man...what a day that was! It was the most spiritual day of my entire life!!! I wish you guys could have been there, the Spirit was the strongest I've ever felt it! I literally couldn't get the smile off my face, and my cheeks hurt the rest of the day because of how much smiling I was doing!
We had to finish teaching them the last 3 principles of the lessons right before the baptism, because we weren't able to due to their busy schedule the week of their baptism! The baptism was at 7pm, and we showed up at 6pm to finish teaching!! Talk about close call! But hey we finished!! They changed, and got in their baptism clothes, and then we took pictures. Man those three were sooo happy, it was awesome to be able to see! I gave a talk on baptism, and Sister Vasquez gave a talk on the Holy Ghost. We then proceeded to the font. Oh man it was sooo cool! Priscilla was first, and when she came up out of the water, (I couldn't quite see her face) Elder Lee told me that she had this look on her face that looked as if she was looking into heaven! SO COOL! Then Esperanza went and she just smiled! Haha Esperanza told me yesterday that she was in a hurry to get out of the font cause she didn't want to stand in the water any longer 'cause her sins were in that water, and she didn't want them to come back. Haha. Then Jasmine went and she smiled afterward as well. They changed and we went back into the Relief Society room, and had a testimony meeting. Oh, man, super powerful!! The best part of the testimony meeting was that Priscilla got up and bore her testimony to everyone there, and the Relief Society room was PACKED! Oh man, not many people can get me to cry! But she got my eyes to water pretty bad! It was so awesome!!
The next day at sacrament meeting they were confirmed. Bishop Shaw confirmed Priscilla, Elder Lee confirmed Esperanza, and I confirmed Jasmine. It was a really sweet and testimony building experience to be able to confirm Jasmine!! I'm really thankful that I was able to do that. And I'm so thankful to the Lord for helping us find them and teach them!! Man I wouldn't trade anything in the world for that experience to be able to teach them!! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment