Friday, December 4, 2015

Dead Batteries and Flat Tires

Excerpt from 11/16/15 email:

"...we had a kind of similar experience. We were on exchanges; I was with Elder Larsen, and Elder Lavaka was with Elder Black. Elder Larsen and I had the truck and we turned the car off for only like 10 mins while we went to grab something from inside Elder Larsen's house. We came back out and we went to turn the truck on and it wouldn't start. It was really weird. Then I tried it again, and it still wouldn't start, then out of the blue our Tiwi inside our car started to talk and said that the car battery was really low, then the truck just died completely! We called Elder Martin, our vehicle coordinator, to see what he thought and had the member that Elder Larsen lives with jump the truck. Elder Martin said we needed to take it to Firestone right away, and we got the truck jumped. We tried to see if we could turn it on again, and so we turn the truck off, then attempted to start it, it didn't start. So we were like, "Oh shoot! We're in trouble!" We got it started again and then drove it to Firestone. The whole way the truck was freaking out! But we made it ok. They had to take it overnight and check it out. So we called the member Elder Lavaka and I live with to see if we could get a ride back. He said he could pick us up. So we went back to the house and decided that we would bike...oh wait, just kidding, we couldn't do that because apparently my bike had a flat tire! Haha, so we decided to walk the rest of the night! Haha, so that was a fun day! The truck is fixed now, they just replaced the battery I guess, and it's working just fine now.

"If you are wondering why my tire is flat, it's probably due to our adventure to Table Top mountain last week! OH MAN!!! SOOOOO MUCH FUN!!! The only one that wrecked was Elder Lavaka and it was right in front of me! He wasn't going very fast but the rock and his weight won. So he flipped over his handle bars! I almost ran him over but stopped just in time! Man, I tell you, my bike is AWESOME!!! I'm so glad I bought it! After we started to head back down the mountain, we found a public dirt bike jump trail! We all wanted to check it out, so we biked over there and I tell you what, it was SOOOO much fun!!! We had a blast! There were some really BIG jumps, and it made for some great fun!"


No comments:

Post a Comment