From 8/8/16 email:
Man I don't even know where to start...this week was such a good one!!!!!
I guess I can start with how many lessons we had this week. We were able to get 16 lessons amongst the craziness! We had the temple this week, we had MLC's this week, we had District Meeting (haha that's really no different though, we always have District Meeting), and we had to move a car around to Aurora, and who knows what else!! Haha it was a busy week! But anyways on top of 16 lessons we were able to find 8 new investigators!! I'm almost positive that's a record for us!!! Some of those new investigators are kind of shaky though....BUT, there is always a big but!!
Maddie is doing AWESOME!!!!! She's on date for the 20th and she intends on being baptized! She's integrated in well with the young women (she's 15) and she loves church and everything about it!! She's reading the Book of Mormon, she's even starting to do personal progress!! The girl is on FIRE!! Yesterday at church they announced her baptismal date in Young Women's so, in Maddie's own words, "It's official!" Man we are just super excited!
The only problem is her mother...her mother is starting to falter a little. She is very supportive of Maddie, but she isn't following suit. But we will keep working on her! She came to church last Sunday but apparently wasn't a huge fan, which I can understand because the 5th Sunday lesson was on the Law of Chastity! Haha that took her SUPER off guard! The lesson was incredibly good, even for the Law of Chastity, but it was a little much for an investigator. SO right now she's kind of running on a treadmill...
Things are going well here! I don't want to leave, but at the same time I'm ready to come home! It's been a fantastic 2 years! Wouldn't trade it for anything! But I'm going to miss it!! :)
I love you all and miss you like crazy!!
Elder Takis
ps. Don't worry, I'm not trunky!!!
Seeing old friends on exchanges:

No comments:
Post a Comment